Question

I gained weight upper thighs and mid section
I feel bloated and past two years gained weight on upper thighs and mid section. I am 40 years old and have three children. I like to eat lots of fruit and health foods but I cannot shed extra kilo's which is about 20 kg over my goal weight.

sienie

Dear Skapie
You need to lose weight all round and then concentrate on firming up the thighs and tummy with targeted exercise. To lose weight need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss' , ‘The right approach' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). While you are on the ‘Weight loss' site, read about every aspect of slimming (Diet pills, slimming aids, psychological aspects, etc) by surfing on this site.