Question

I have a female chest
hi expert i would like to know what type of excercise should i do to sculp chest I am sick and tired of my chest

Hi there

There is actually a medical condition where men develop breasts, it's called gynocemastia, and there are a couple of medical conditions that can lead to it - tumours, genetics, liver disease etc. I'm assuming you don't have any of these, but there is that chance (admittedly, small since you've not noticed anything else) to be mindful of.

The other main reason why men develop breasts is weight accumulation because the breasts are effectively fat tissue, not much more and so the problem might be fat accumulation and deposition in specific areas.

So there are two avenues to combat this:
First, you need to aim for weight loss. Not just in that area, but overall, becauseyou can't spot reduce. The mistake people make is that they try to target the muscle group, often at the expense of doing the whole body exercise that is actually more effective. That's not to say that focus on a muscle group or area is bad, because you need it, but it's better to do whole body exercise. The exercise is cardio training - like running, walking, cycling, swimming, taebo, aerobics etc. Anything that is cardiovascular gets the heart pumping and energy burning is most effective. It is just a question of how you use these cardio sessions. I would suggest at least 4 days a week of cardio training, each session lasting about 30 to 45 minutes, AT LEAST. You have to build up this duration and then keep at it consistently in order to see change.

Then the second thing is the specific exercises for the chest, which are still important. They are responsible for developing the muscle in the area, which creates the appearance of being toned. That's obviously what you want, but you have to realise that you can't do the toning and specific work first and neglect the cardio - it has to work the other way around, cardio first, toning second. So focus on cardio, then on toning. As for what to do, pec flys, pushups, bench press, etc. are all good exercises you can do. I'm not sure if you're in a gym or whether you have access to weights, but pushups are the body weight exercise, otherwise some barbells and dumbells in the gym willd do it.

Diet is also very crucial, and if it's not 100% it will undermine any exercise benefits. So the best thing is to see a dietician or follow a very good diet plan. Just remember that low kilojoule is not necessarily better - too low causes problems as well, because it causes the body's metabolic rate to drop and that affects your ability to lose weight in the future. So don't try to starve yourself or go overboard, rather eat sensibly, cut out as much fat as you can, and listen to your body.

Ross