Question

I have a Overal Cyst the size 9cm x 7cm is it very dangerous.
I have just been diagnosed as having a 9cm x 7cm cyst in my ovaries. All I need to know is it very dangerous and what is the consequences as I can only see a gynea on the 11th of April. I have a terrible burning sensation all the time which makes me uncomfortable. Sleeping on my stomach is uncomfortable as it feels as if I'm 9 or more months pregnant. By the way I was sterilized 6 years ago. I am 42 years old.

Please explain to me what this means.

Thanks and Regards

A cyst of this size will need to be removed. There is no immediate danger though. Cysts can sometimes rupture or twist, in which case your pain will suddenly increase dramatically. Otherwise, waiting till the 11th April should not be a problem. You can take painkillers in the meantime. There is always a risk of cancer with ovarian cysts. However, if this were the case, there would usually be suggestions on the ultrasound.