Question

i have high lipoprotein(a)which is hereditary
i have just been put on lipitor and would like to know if the problem will correct itself with
this medication and how high is the risk of heart failure with this conditon.
Also would only my siblings have the same condition or could it affect extended family
members ?
I am a vegetarian & only eat chicken & fish & have been given no specific diet to follow
with the exception of replacing butter with Pro Active Floro - what is your opinion on this ?
thanks ever so much!

Sunshine, I can try to give you an estimate of your chances of getting a heart attack if you can give me the following information: Sex, age, HDL-C, LDL-C, Blood pressure, if you’re a diabetic, and if you’re a smoker.
The Lipitor® should bring down the levels of LP(a).
Your siblings might have the same problem, but there is no reason to believe that your extended family will have it.
The Pro Active® will have a positive effect on your cholesterol levels, but I can’t tell you how much. Good luck.