Question

25 Sep 2009

I just want to be beautiful
I have these anxiety attacks in the middle of the night when I wake up and all I can think of how I need to lose weight so i can feel pretty. I just want to be beautiful. I know that thin isnt everything, but I cant stop feeling that if I lose some weight i can buld my self asteem and feel good again. im 25, 65kg. I hate feeling anxious all the time.

Are you having actual anxiety attacks ( which usually arise out of the blue and aren't actually about anything except feeling anxious and scared ) ? Or are you waking at times, worrying about your concerns about losing weight and feeling pretty ? Sounds more like the latter. Actually, I think your plan is backwards. FIRST, see a good local psychologist / counsellor, and work on that self-esteem, which is central to all of this. When you feel more fond of yourself and happy, you will start looking prettier whatever your weight ( and otherwise you'll be thin and just as sure you aren't pretty ) --- self-confidence is pretty. With better self-esteem and self-confidence, you will find it easier to lose weight appropriately ( enough, and not too much ; as you really don't sound over-weight at all ). And if you happen ( the psychologist will also of course check this ) to have an Anxiety Disorder, then CBT counselling is the best treatment for that, too.