Question

I need some rocket fuel
I have read the NO ENERGY article and i must be honest, i feel the same. I do alot training (rowing) and I sleep a hell of a lot. I take a whole host of vitamin supplements and try to keep my body hydrated. Carbo, i wouldn't think is a problem because if i had it my way i would eat pasta every day. I felt so dead tired at one stage i was feeling sick and when going to the doctor he told me that i was overtraining and to take 72 hours off from everything. Which i managed to do for about 48 hours. The short of it is that i need to know what to eat and when to eat it. Maybe you know of a good book or website that has some sort of "sportmans diet" in it. I mean i have had a look around and there is frankly to much info and you never know how relevant / true the info is or even whether it is outdated or not.

I know that the above all sounds like i should be chatting to the CyberShrink and not you but this problem of mine is a fairly recent one and also i know my body and how it has coped with the work load in the past.

The only thing i can narrow all this down to is my diet.

Please dig deep for this response

Dear Bunny
ALWAYS be kind to yourself and sensible. If you train really hard you will be tired. If you train too much you will conk in! You must learn to balance your energy output with periods of rest and eat a balanced diet. No pill or food is going to make you feel OK if your muscle and liver glycogen stores are depleted. You need to use an energy drink like Energade before, during and after training and you probably just don't eat enough. One other reason for feeling deadly tired, is depression - ask yourself if you not perhaps depressed and if this is the case, then PLEASE get some professional help. Be kind to yourself once more.
Take great care