Question

I need to know more on Cortisone

I urgently need to know more information on the long term effects of cortisone. i.e. constantly taking the drug orally 80 - 90% of the year to improve ones quality of life.

I would just like a list of all the side effects from prolonged use of this drug please.

Kind Regards,

Emma

Dear Emma CT
Long term side effects of cortisone(steroids) use can be :
Moon shaped face, weight gain, easy bruising, insomnia, irritability or depression, diabetes, glaucoma, high blood cholesterol, cateracts, muscle weakness and brittle bones.
Some people have diseases that will make them much sicker than these side effects if you don't keep it under control with steroids so one has to weigh the pro's and con's when deciding to prescribe this longterm or not.
see http://www.aocd.org/skin/dermatologic_diseases/steroids.html