Question

I want to get rid of 2kg of fat. What am I doing wrong?
My weight is 54.5 kg. I'm trying to get rid of 2kg of pure body fat, not muscle or water and reach 52.5. This is really proving VERY difficult. I'm stuck on 53.5 and don't seem to get below that. I do exercise and do weights 5 times a week and have cut down my calories for a week to 1.300. I know it's low but will resume my normal eating once the fat has gone. It's just not working. I tried to do it in two weeks. Is this not enough time or is there something else I am doing wrong. I love sugar, but have not had ANY sugar at all in 2 weeks. I do have 6 grams of fructose twice a day in my yoghurt but that's it. No sweets.... I do eat gum (sugar free). How long should this take? What about fasting? My only concern with it is I cont exercise on an empty stomach and will loose muscle...

Dear Sugar
You don't mention your height so that I can calculate your BMI to check if you are actually overweight or not. If your weight falls into the normal range then you will struggle to lose those 2 kg because your body will resist the change. Ironically cutting down on energy intake makes the human body shut down its weight loss mechanisms. The best way to lose weight is to cut down on fat intake while eating plenty of high-fibre carbs. Click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'Slimming Diet' and compare this diet to what you are eating and make the necessary adjustments. Don't fast, that will turn off your metabolism even more and make you weak when you exercise.
Take care