Ask an expert

19 Jan 2004

I'm looking for a specialist in PCOS and infertility
I was diagnosed with PCOS in July of 2002. I was on Duphaston and Clomid for a year and nothing worked. Only after a year had passed, I happened upon information about PCOS. When consulting my Gynae (armed with my new-found knowledge) he admitted to not really knowing enough. Clomid did not bring one ovulation. I currently see a dietician and have lost 10kgs. I would like to start seeing a new doctor to try and conceive, but I don't know where to start looking. This needs to be someone who knows infertility and PCOS. Could you please help? It would be nice if it can be near Cape Town or even better if it is in Stellenbosch or Somerset West. Thank you!
Answer 694 views

01 Jan 0001

Try one of the academic hospitals or the Cape fertility clinic.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.