Question

I'm such a coward!!!
I believe I am a coward, I am a clever and strong young woman and yet I cant seem to get myself out of an emotionaly abusive relationship. Before I was never aware that I am being abused, but thought it was normal problems in the relationship. This was my first real bf, we met at varsity and thought the world of this guy. This guy suffers from deep insecurities and complex issues and I have been the scapegoat of this. I'm now fully aware of what this guy does to me... the constant accusations (which drive me crazy more than anything), lies, cheating etc. I have read a lot about emotional abuse, and that its consequeses can be much more severe than physical abuse. I have learnt of similar situation on this forum.

I dont think I can live with this anymore but I just have the guts to get out. Some one on this forum mentioned that there is a difference between love and emotional attachment, and I think my situation is rather the case of emotional attachment and protecting my child, as he is the father, (well a part time father for that matter, he doesnt even have a relationship with his child). How can I just close my eyes and walk away without hurting and feeling guilty that I've let him down?

OK, so you're being emotionally abused. Call POWA which specifically advises women in abusive relationships on how to get out of them, and get away from this loser, taking your child with you. YOu will NOT have let him down by saving yourself and your child from all the abuse --- HE has let you down, and apparently doesn't feel in the least guilty about what he has done.