Ask an expert

12 Feb 2003

I think i have IBS. Is there anything I can take that will take the bloatedness away? Sometimes I look 7 months pregrent - specially in the evening. Please can you suggest anything. I was told to take charcoal biscuits. Is there such a thing and will it work. Please, any suggestions?
Answer 299 views

01 Jan 0001

Gigi, the best would be to first have the diagnosis confirmed and to then start taking treatment. The treatment of IBS consists of a combination of diet, antispasmodics and preventing constipation. You can try taking something like ColofacĀ® or BevispasĀ®, but my first choice would still be to see your doctor first. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.