Question

IBS - SPASTIC COLON
HI Doc,

I have been diagnosed with IBS - and most of my re-occuring attacks are defined by excrutuiating pain in my upper stomach , when it feels like my colon goes into a serios spasm. This pain can go on for 7-13 hours straight and there is NOTNHING that helps me relieve the pain.
I am taking probiotics twice daily.
Obviously , during attacks I dont have any bowel movements , where as on a regular day , I' m fine.
What can I take to help me with this excrutiating pain when I' m under attack?
Probiotics expert
Probiotics expert

Hi Eliya
Perhaps you would like to confirm with your Dr, but you can try an anti-spasmodic such as Colofac. The active ingredient is called mebeverive, speak to your pharmacist as there are a few products on the market containing mebeverine.
Have you tried something like Panado?
Keep up with the probiotic and try to keep anxiety and stress levls at bay (easier said than done I know!)