Question

Immigrating to the USA
Hi everyone

Thank you so much for your replies, and especially to the Cybershrink! Much appreciated.
Our daughters have encouraged us to enter the Green Card Lottery which we have done over the past few years. We never thought seriously about the implications of moving over until we had actually won! I thought leaving my mother would not be that difficult, but now that it has come to the time to go, I dont think I can leave her.My husband has an excellent job here, which he recently required, and finding another job in the USA and leaving the current one, is what is worrying him the most. I do have a brother living here, but he is not that close to my mom and he only sees her every few months. My youngest daughter was hijacked very violently here, hence her decision to move to the USA. She decided she didnt want to raise her children in SA due to the high crime rate here.
To go or not to go? I know that only we can make that decision.
Thank you once again for the replies! IIt is much appreciated, Debbie

Hope we were helpful. And in due course, do return to the Forum and let us know what you decided !