Question

Impetigo
My 4 yr old son has got impetigo,on his arms and legs this is the second time around in 2 months. We got it cleared in 3 weeks, but now he had mozzie bites and exama and scraced it and it spread like wild fire. We did see the doctor and he treated him with Co-amoxyclav antibiotics and maxoderm cream. I phoned him to tell him about the second break out and he prescribed a follow up of the same meds. Are we on the right track or should i see someone else? Just want to get it right asap. Anything else to add to the bactraban.
Regards Lee

Dear Lee

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

Impetigo should be treated with oral anti-biotics and topical ointment. Therefore, I recommend that you give the second course of anti-biotics a chance and re-evaluate the situation.

Dr Anrich Burger