Question

In vitro - When is the best time?

I have been told that as my tubes are both damaged thanks to chlamydia, I will have to have in-vitro when I want a baby. I had an laparoscopy in March last year and they removed some endometriosis and generally cleaned up my uterus. I would like to know if I would have to have another laparoscopy before trying in-vitro as the endometriosis may have grown back - is the optimum time to try in-vitro directly after such an operation when everything is clear?

You may well need a repeat laparoscopy. If you are planning a pregnancy, the sooner you do this the better. If the endometriosis is clear, that would be a good time for IVF. You could discuss this with the fertility expert managing you.