Question

Incisional Hernia
I have an incisional hernia caused when I had my Gall Bladder removed a year ago. I am a diabetic with my blood sugar averageing about 9.0 per month. Is surgery an absolute necessary, or is it dangerous if I do not have surgery. What are the pros and cons with having surgery?

Ervine, if it doesn’t cause you any discomfort and it’s not too big, you can leave it. If actual intestine moves in and out through the hernia, you will have to have it repaired as it might cause bowel obstruction. The surgery itself is safe and there should be no complications whether you’re a diabetic or not. Good luck.