Question

Incompatible Blood Types
Hi There,

I just found out that my blood type, AB-, & my husbands blood type, O+, may not be compatible. So we might not be able to have a baby. Can anyone shed some light on this subject for me?

There would not be a problem with falling pregnant but, if the fetus is Rh+ve like your husband, you can make antibodies to it and this can cause problems during the pregnancy. This usually does not occur in the first preganny and you will need to have an injection of Rhogam after delivery to mop up any antibodies that are formed, so as to prevent problems in the next pregnancy.