Question

Increased cellulite after joining gym
Hi Doc, please help.
I have been to going to the gym for almost two weeks excersing every day. I however seem to have more cellulite on my thighs than I did before joining the gym.

Does this mean my fat is being distributed to other parts of the body and that's why it seems so jelly like or am I doing the wrong excersies. I normally do treadmill and bicycle.
Please advice before I decide not go to gym again as I don;t want my things looking like a jelly fish especially since summer is around the corner.

Hi Mo

No, it doesn't mean this, that's not something that can happen, especially not in two weeks, with exercise. Of course, over a very long period, it could happen, but it wouldnt be exercise causing it, it would likely do diet.

I don't know exactly what to say here - I certainly don't think you should stop going to the gym, it's not the gym causing this. I'd be curious to know what would happen if you kept training and gave it perhaps a month or two, because then you'd be almost guaranteed to have seen some sort of change. Often, the body reacts strangely to starting out exercise, and you have to push beyond this in order to see benefits. I realise this may sound tame, but I really do think that if you just hang in there it will change and you'll see it decreasing, rather than increasing.