Question

Increasing Workout Intensity
Hi Doc,

Im a healthy 24 yr old male and iv been gymming for 10 weeks now, 5 times a week. Im am finding it really hard to up the intensity of my workouts, staying on the same weights and doing all my cadio workouts at the same pace.
Do you perhaps have an explanation for me as to whether ive reached a plateau?

Many Thanks

Hi Ryan

Did you start off gradually and build up slowly? You might find that you are pretty tired after 10 solid weeks of training and need an extra rest day a week.

The other principle you should be using, is to allow for an easy day's training after a hard day - then you can increase the intensity of your workout the one day followed by an active recovery day - the next.

Good luck.