Ask an expert

06 Jun 2011

indentation on my head
I seem to have formed an indentation on the top of my head (from hairline back into my hair) This ridge is about 5cm long. There also seems to be another one forming next to this one, however the 2nd one is not as prominent. I do suffer with headaches. I area concerned is not sore but can be sensitive to touch.
I have left is for about 3 months now, as people tell me its normal...err I aint seen any bald heads with these ridges on them.
Is this maybe something to be concerned about.
Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Answer 441 views

01 Jan 0001


This is most probably nothing to be concerned about but I do suggest that you consult your doctor to set your mind at east. A CT scan will be the best to visualise any abnormalities or structural damage.


Dr Anrich
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9266 votes
66% - 17854 votes