Question

Infection, now what
Hi There, I'm a 21 years old. I went for my first Papsmear last year. Then I had an infection (don't know why) I'm married and my whole life only had sex with my hubby only and he only with me) I also do not use any scented soap around my vagina

I now realise that I have an infection again. I'm on the pill but spotting and sometimes it itch. I also have very light pains every now and again, (almost like period pain)

What i want to know,

1. What cause it
2. What can I use for this infection? Is there medicine I can buy at the pharmacy? I don't want to go to the doctor yet since they always send me for alot of test for something small and then I have to pay a hell of alot of money for it for nothing.

any advice on how to prevent or to stop this infection will be much appreciated

You need to find out what type of infection you have. Different infections require different treatments. If you have a thick white discharge which is very itchy, this would be thrush and can be treated with Canesten cream. Anything else needs to be seen by a doctor to make a diagnosis.