Question

Infection vs Tubes
Doctor,

The doctor saw that I have an infection. The test results aren’t back, but the doctor diagnosed the infection due to “blood on contact to my cervix” and a discharge (I wasn’t even aware that I had a discharge).

I know that an infection can cause damage to the tubes. I was suffering from abdominal pains, painful lower back for +/- 7 months now.....if the pains are due to the infection it means that I have the infection for 7 months now.

I went for a laparoscopy at the end of Jan and my tubes weren’t blocked/damaged.

How long does an infection take before causing damage? If my tubes weren’t damaged/blocked two months back, do you think the infection could have caused damaged by now.

Thank you very much.

The infection due to bleeding of the cervix may be a local one confined to the cervix and vagina. It may not have ascended to the pelvic organs. Even if it did, if the laparoscopy showed that your tubes were not blocked two months ago, there should not be any damage later. It would be important, however, to avoid recurrent infections.