Question

infections and stds
pelase tell me if a couple of been together for 6 years and there is definetly no third party, how is it possible to contract chlamydia. I had a pap smear done last year and it was not detected. I now wan tto conceive and have been for an infection test and this was picked up. Although the gynae said it is transmitted sexually, one does not have to get through havign sex to pass it on, so how else can one get it and why was it not picked up earlier?

Also how long can it remain in the body before it causes sever damage? Would have been there from before i met my husband? I have absolutely no syumptoms and a laproscopy does not show any internal damage. pelase explain.
pathologist

It is often not possible to identify Chlamydia on a cervical smear. Blood tests are much more sensitive and that is exactly why it was requested. This is what happened in your case.

It can be present for years, and it may be asymptomatic and without long term effects. It may also infect the throat after orogenital contact.

There are other Chlamydia species which infect other organs like the eye; they are not STD's.