Question

Inferior
Dear CyberShrink
I made such a mess of my life when I was young. I threw away all my opportunities.
Now that I am older I meet people of the same age as me who made use of their opportunities and they are doctors and actuaries, people society look up to and occupy great positions.
What makes it difficult for me is that I had the same potential as they - a string of A's in matric and I was selected for a very strict university course. Today I am an admin clerk who struggles to pay the monthly bills.
When I am next to such a person a great amount of bitterness and jealousy wells up in me and I hate myself and my life. I am studying now in this late stage of my life but because I can only do it part time it will take me a further six years to complete a normal B-degree. To little to late?
What is you comment above my inferiority feelings?

as kat's example shows, it's never too late unless you give up. Work towards a degree that interests you, look, maybe with the advice of your HR dept, for other courses and diplomas, etc., which can also enrich your job and your opportunities. And if, despite it being so clear that you're not in the least i9nferior, you continue to feel that way --- maybe some CBt counselling will help you regain self-esteem and confidence