Question

Ingrown Toe nail
I have got an ingrown toe nail which will have to be seen to by a podiatrist. Problem - I can't get to one for the next few days and my toe is killing me. It is very swollen, inflamed and painful. Is there anything I can do/use in the meantime to get the inflamation and swelling down and to stop the pain and throbbing (kept me awake the last 2 nights!!!)?.

Kat, the best would be to take anti-inflammatories (Arthrotec®, Brufen®, Celebrex®, etc) and to soak the toe in Savlon water at least 3 times a day. If it doesn’t clear up you will have to see a doctor so that he can prescribe you some antibiotics. Good luck.