Question

inguinal hernia
hi, I went to the doctor and he told me i have an inguinal hernia. Is that a good enough way to tell, just feeling the painful area and asking me to cough or do i need testing?
he said it is very small so i don't have to worry about it, but i am worried about just leaving it. can i make it worse if i start excersizing?
any help appreciated, thanks in advance.

Dear Judy
Yes this is a clinical diagnosis - may only get bigger if you pick up heavy stuff. If it is irritating you can ask your doctor to refer you to a surgeon for repair - rather earlier than later.