Ask an expert

30 Jun 2011

Injury on duty
I hurt my back in 2007 at ABI, I was operated and the Compensation commisioner paid me 20%. In June 2009 at Steiner I hurt my back again at work and a new Compensation REF number was given to me. I kept on working till 25 July 2010 and was operated on 28 July 2010. The srews was removed and replace because the one screw was loose. Now the compensation department is refusing to pay me saying they are not paying me twice for this. Is this legal as my company accepted responsibility but could not keep my posistion open from July 2010 to Feb 2011 seeing that we are working in finance. I would really like to know what the procedures is regarding these prosesses. Thanks
Answer 344 views
Labour lawyer
labour lawyer

01 Jan 0001

re: Injury on duty

You need to take the Compensation Commissioner to court. You could go to either the High Court or the Labour Court.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.