Question

inlaws
How do I cut myself off from negative people and situations? My inlaws drain me they are the most negative people you have ever met, I have to deal with a husband with a child, the ex and all the issues that go along with that. I am not a confrontational person, I like peace and happiness, so this situation is making me also be a negative person.. how do I not let that happen, how do I go there while they moan and B& %6 about this and that and not let it affect me???

Its really not compulsory to socialize or waste time with unpleasant people who drain you and make you feel bad. Except that your husband might need to make occasional contact with his ex about important issues concerning the child, neither of you should need to be in contact with her, especially if she's unpleasant about it. Why do you need to "go there" at all ?