Question

INNOCULATION SCAR HURTING AFTER 38 YEARS
ABOUT A MONTH AGO I STARTED GETTING ACHES IN THE UPPER PART OF MY LEFT ARM - IT WAS VERY SORE FOR A LONG TIME - SORE INSIDE THE ARM IT ALMOST FELT LIKE THE BONE WAS HURTING. THEN ONE DAY I NOTICED THAT THE INNOCULATION SCAR THAT I HAVE THERE WAS TURNING BLUE - LOOKING BRUISED AND IT WAS ALSO SORE TO TOUCH. THIS LASTED ABOUT A WEEK AND THEN EVERYTHING JUST WENT AWAY. NOW IT IS FINE BUT I AM CURIOUS AS TO WHAT COULD HAVE CAUSED THIS. I HAVE NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE.

Cindi, it might be that you just bumped it without noticing or that somehow a small bleeding occurred just under the scar. If it has cleared up completely you have nothing to worry about, but if it happens again you should see a doctor immediately as certain cancers may develop within a scar (squamous cell carcinoma). It’s more likely to happen in a burn wound scar, but it is possible with other types of scars. Good luck.