Ask an expert

13 Mar 2007

I recently read your artical on Insitol and bulimia. Does this have to be prescrobed by a doctor? Im seeing a therapist regulary but would love to see if this works.
Answer 323 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Nicky
No, you can ask your chemist for inositol tablets, as inositol is a compound related to the B vitamins.
Hope you find that it improves the bulimia, but please continue to see your therapist and if necessary also consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area) to help you get back to eating normally again.
Best regards
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9320 votes
67% - 18602 votes