Question

Insect? Pimple-like appearance & bump
About a week ago a small lump formed on the inside of my right arm (where the veins are located). It seemed almost like a pimple and was quite sore. After a couple of days, a little head formed almost the size of a pinhead, still very much like a pimple, but painful to touch and an underlying 'bump'. My fiancé squeezed it, only to reveal what appeared to be an 'ether' type substance but in a little sac. It has healed since then, but the underlying 'bump' doesn't want to go away. When I press on the scar, i still feel a 'bump' Last night he noticed the exact same thing happening to him, only on the inside of his LEFT arm. We followed the same procedure. I don't use a tumble dryer for drying clothes and neither of us come anywhere near needles that could possibly cause infection. I live in Gauteng area. Any idea what could cause something like this???
skindoc

It seems that you and your fiancé have a similar problem. Perhaps it is a parasitic infestation. Perhaps is is a cyst. I am not sure at all and is merely speculating. Your doctor should be able to clinch the diagnosis.