Question

insecure child
my little boy is 22 months old. His natural father sees him every second sunday, and i live with my fiance. My son is very attached to me, as in , he doesnt let me go to the loo, without having to be with me, i have to when i cook have him on my hip or within 5 steps away from me. I cannot do anything without my son.

I think he is insecure because of this whole set up with his father and his step dad. Could this be, or is he just going through a stage where his mother is everything to him.

A phase like this is very normal, including Separation Anxiety, as any child starts to form the self-confidence to feel safe on their own, and to feel secure that all-powerful Mom still exsists even when she's out of sight. And the insecurity around Dad going, and having two men in his life, may make this a bit more noticeable than usual