Ask an expert

29 Jan 2009

Insolvent and Sibling
This is not a labour question, but please could you help me as I am desperate:

Can a person go insolvent (sequestrated) with about R180K debt already under debt counselling and not helping and nothing to settle with (offer creditors as settlement) and no assets and nothing to attach?

Can you in SA divorce your siblings? But not your mother? Is the simplest just to change your name? How much would it cost. I don' t want to be associated or linked to them in any way they are the cause of everything.

Thank you very much,
Answer 322 views
Labour lawyer
labour lawyer

01 Jan 0001


A person can be sequestrated even if under debt counselling. You cannot divorce siblings.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.