Ask an expert

18 Feb 2003

Insulin Resistance & PCOS
Can you recommend a medical dietician who deals with Polcystic Ovaries and Insulin Resistance. All the diets & dieticians I have tried so far have failed. I was told that I need to see someone very specilaised because of my condition.
Answer 363 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear CL
I can only refer you to the clinical dietitian register (phone (012) 998-5650 (mornings). Ask the person who mans the service for a dietitian who specialises in this condition. I trust that you are also being treated by a physician, gynae or endocrinologist? If not, then please ask your gp to refer you to such a specialist.
Best regards
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9321 votes
67% - 18660 votes