Question

Insuline resistant
Hi there,
I need help, I have been diagnosed with diabetes type 2 last year this time. I have managed with a dietician to loose 7 kg, and I still need to loos 30kg. I am desperate for help, and can not go through another crash diet, pills, syrups etc. I am battling to get into an excersise routine, but I must be honest I am more active now than what I was for the past 6 years. I want to know can you give me some idea om maybe changing my hole lifestyle, maybe a book that I can read, if need be start from scratch? I am desperate to take control of my lifestyle but I do not know where to start?
P.

Dear Petru
I can understand that you are feeling desperate. I think that you may need to get some positive motivation from an organisation like Innertalk. They sell tapes and cassettes that help you to stick to your resolve to do more exercise or eat a balanced diet to lose that weight. You can contact them on: www.innertalk.co.za or send an e-mail to mands@innertalk.co.za and ask them about their motivational tapes. Please don't use any crash diets and all those horrid pills and potions because they can really cause a great deal of harm esp to someone with diabetes. Stick to your dietitian and the diet she/he has given you. Losing 7 kg is a wonderful achievement and you will lose those other 30 kg if you stick to your diet and exercise.
Hang in there