Question

interactions between Multaq, Metroprolol and pravastatin
My husband is taking Multaq for arrthymia. He is also taking Metroprolol and pravastatin. I have read that those 3 meds should not be taken together. What do you think?
Pharmacist
pharmacist

Hi B

A potential interaction may occur between your MULTAQ and METOPROLOL - The effect of the beta-blocker (MOTEPROLOL) may be inreased as a result of an increase in plasma concentration, whilst the depressant effects of MULTAQ on the sinus and AV nodes may be potentiated.
Caution is advised when combining these and your doctor should supervise your advance carefully - Patients should be advised to promptly report potential symptoms of toxicity such as excessive fatigue, fainting, difficulty breathing, chest pain or tightness, bradycardia, or arrhythmia.