Question

31 May 2011

Intestinal pain
I have been plagued with IBS for a good couple of years now(+/- 9 years) which seems to be aggrevated by things such as weat and alchohol. The IBS causes Costant constipation and on and off heamoroids.

the last couple of days have been different.
On Sunday I had a pain a gass passed through a specific area of the colon. This morning I had the same pain as stool pased through this area. For about 10 minutes the pain was there when moving or sitting. the pain was infront of my coxics

The pain was not the same as the scratchy sensation from hemoroids. but more of a dull pain.
I have had pain sensations in my intestines throughout today.
there pains are more like senations like small cramps. not as painfull as spastic colin pains.

Genat

You will really benefit from consulting a gastroenterologist. IBS is a diagnosis made by the exclusion of other pathological conditions. There is new treatment available for the treatment of IBS, which can improve your IBS symptoms dramatically. If you are constipated, you can use Laxette syrup, 15ml, twice daily and Softlax tablets at night for at least 10 days.

Keeping your stools soft by adding fibre capsules (Solgar Multiple Fibre capsules) to your diet, might also alleviate some symptoms and prevent the formation of hemorroids.