Ask an expert

29 Mar 2007

Intimacy problems

I've been married for almost a year, but I have sexual problems.
I was molested when I was 10 and I do not know if it is beacause
of the molestation that happened that I am unable to share myself with my wife freely.

I have never liked it if somebody even touches me.

But the problem is a stupid one, but for me important.
I am having trouble even holding my wife's hand in public and at home, I do not like it when she touches me or when we have sex, which happens one in a blue moon.

I'd usually masturbate secretly instead of having sex with my wife.
When we get intimate in somehow feels wrong, please help me.
Answer 407 views

01 Jan 0001

Hello S,
What you describe is indeed possibly related to the earlier molestation --- or, more specifically, to the way this has affected your habits of thought and expectations --- and CBT ( Cognitive-behaviour Therapy ) is excellent at sorting this out, and freeing you up to emjoy life and relationships far more freelly. There is absolutely nothing 'stupid" about your problem, and of course it is important --- and, it can be cleared up.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.