Question

23 Sep 2009

Introducing 2 puppies to each other
I wonder if you can help me.

I bought a female miniature dachshund - she was 5 weeks old when I got her. She is now 10 weeks old.
Yesterday I bought a female basset hound puppy, she is 11 weeks old.

When we introduced the two last night we were a bit disappointed - maybe we are just over reacting.

The basset wanted to play but the dachshund seems like she wants to fight. We want to just leave them - I am just scared that the basset steps on the dachshund and hurts her.

Do you have any advise regarding this problem. This morning I left them in two different areas just for in case. Tonight we can observe them until Sunday.

Please help.

Dear Nadia

Buy a DAP diffuser and let them be. Just interfere when they want to kill one another.