Question

Iron
Hi Doc, pse can you advise me, my iron level always very low, around 2 and has been low for past 8 years. Doc has done few tests and now says my body probably just doesn't absorb iron. Firstly are there any complications that can arise from long term low iron levels and then should I be happy with the fact that my body just doesn't absorb iron or should there by a reason that can be found. Many thanks BB

BB, low iron levels will lead to anaemia with all its problems – chronic fatigue, lowered resistance, etc. The best would be to see a specialist physician and find out exactly why you don’t absorb iron (you might be losing it for some reason and some of these reasons are dangerous). Good luck.