Question

Irregular heartbeat, high blood pressure
Hello. I'm 25, a non-smoker and very fit, with little heart disease in my family. I've recently developed an irregular heartbeat with high blood pressure. The palpitations are intermittent. Will an ECG be able to pick up problems even if I'm not having irregular heartbeats at the time of the test? Thank you.

Dear Wonky heartbeat
What you need is a 24 hour holter ECG - it makes a recording of your heart beat for 24 hours and it is much easier to diagnose the problem this way. They attach you to a mobile ECG machine and you wear it on your belt for the day (it is a small one!!) Ask your GP to organize this for you?