Ask an expert

22 Jan 2008

irregular period and unusual swelling
I am a 18 year old female and for the past +_3 to 3and half years my periods havr been irregular and the entire right side from my hip downwards has grow/swollen 3cms bigger than the left initialy it was 1cm.i have been bleeding for about 2 months now and have sometimes pain.I have been to specialists and nobody can help most of them are surprised that they can not find the cause n a cure.
Answer 363 views

01 Jan 0001

You need to see a gynaecologist for a full examination. A scan and hormone tests would also be indicated.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9326 votes
67% - 18781 votes