Question

Irregular periods
I have had irregular periods for two years now and its very irritating. I was previously used nurstrate(cntraceptive). I went to see a GP and he put me on Provera for three months but still it didnt help. I was advised by the clinic to use triphisal but I vomit when I use it. Yesterday I went to the Gp again he gave me nordette and the same thing happened, im still nauseas. What do I do, a friend has adviced me to use evening primrose. Ive also gone to the gynae but hey nothing helps. Please help!!!

The reason for the irregular bleeding is important. If you have had check-ups and examinations, I presume that your uterus and ovaries are okay. In this case, the most likely cause is that you are not ovulating. The oral contraceptive is the treatment of choice to regulate your cycle. The nausea and vomiting often improves after the first month, so I would suggest that you persist. If you continue to have these symptoms, you could try a lower dose pill.