Question

Irritating Jock Itch
I have had a very irritating case of jock itch for the last few months. I went to a dermatologist and he gave me a cream called PERSIV which seemed to clear it up for a while. However it came back again with avengence. I am reluctant to go back to the doctor because, to put it bluntly, its very embarassing to get undressed and show my red itchy penis to a stranger (*blush*). I went to the pharmacy and got an anti-fungal cream (I can't remember the name) which is for the treatment of athlete's foot and other similar infections. However it isn't working and the condition is just getting worse. This is truly a horrible and very persistent infection and I wouldn't want to go through this again. Please will you let me know what I should do. In particular, is PERSIV only available on a doctor's prescription, or can I get it over the counter at a pharmacy?

Thank you for your assistance.

Shane, the best would probably be to mix the anti-fungal cream with the Persivate® cream. Your pharmacist might be willing to give it to you without a prescription, but strictly speaking, you need a prescription. Good luck.