Ask an expert

27 Jul 2007

Dear Doc

I am a circumsised male and am a bit prone from time to time to irritation to the penis just behind left side of the head.I usually use 1%/2% miconozloe cream for a couple of days and it feels better.

Today though i noticed when i washed like flakes which when i wiped with the towel rubbed off,i then used soap again to wash all was ok.Now i see two areas are red and look raw.

Any idea what this is?

I do notice after sex with my wife it seems i get an irritation,and often of late.

Answer 326 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear J.D.K

Thank you for visiting

You should both be treated for a fungal infection by using Diflucan as a STAT dose. I also suggest that you both have a screen test for diabetes done, in order to exclude this condition.

Kind regards

Dr Anrich Burger
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.