Ask an expert

28 Mar 2003

irritation on nipple
I am a 48 year old male and recently developed an irritation on my right nipple. This seem to come and go and has not caused any pain. This past week I noticed a crusty formation on the nipple and applied bactroban which seemed to cause a slight burning sensation.
I am concerned as I have read of a new type of cancer called Pagets disease.
I feel embarrassed to take this to a doctor.
What do you think I should do?
Answer 353 views

01 Jan 0001

Mike, it’s probably just a fungal infection, but I have to agree with you that it might be Paget’s disease of the nipple. The best would be to see your doctor a.s.a.p. and have it sorted out. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.