Question

irritation on nipple
I am a 48 year old male and recently developed an irritation on my right nipple. This seem to come and go and has not caused any pain. This past week I noticed a crusty formation on the nipple and applied bactroban which seemed to cause a slight burning sensation.
I am concerned as I have read of a new type of cancer called Pagets disease.
I feel embarrassed to take this to a doctor.
What do you think I should do?

Mike, it’s probably just a fungal infection, but I have to agree with you that it might be Paget’s disease of the nipple. The best would be to see your doctor a.s.a.p. and have it sorted out. Good luck.