Question

Is it true that "there is no way a yoghourt, can be fat free"?
I have been informed that there is no way a yoghourt can be FAT FREE. Having said that, i sometimes see products which are written FAT FREE.
I've been receiving different opinions regarding this matter, kidly provide me with technical and non-technical information.

Dear Oupa
Yoghurt is made of fermented milk and about 99,8% of the fat in milk can be removed by centrifugation, so there is no reason why yoghurt cannot be as close as possible to totally fat free. According to the SA Food Tables whole milk yoghurt contains 3.3g of fat.100g, low-fat yoghurt contains 1.1g fat/100g and fat free yoghurt contains 0.2g fat/100g (thus as close to 0 as possible).