Question

Is my diet ok?
Could you please tell me if what i am eating is ok. I am 23 year old female, i want to loose about 12- 15kg's. I weigh 80kg's.
Breakfast:
All bran, Skim milk
Snack:
Fruit(about 3-4) and a yoghurt in between meals
Lunch:
2 slice whole wheat bread, a little low fat cottage cheese
maybe a boiled egg 3-4 times a week with the toast.
Supper:
Varies but usually i will have
1.chicken and veg or an
2.omlette or
3.pasta maybe twice a week.

I am also wanting to do about 20min cardio about 5 times a week and strenth training 3 times a week to start off but then increase my cardio as i get fitter.

Dear Missy
I think your diet is reasonable. However if you eat 6-8 fruits a day then this may push up your energy intake, esp if you eat fruits with a high sugar content like grapes. Rather ensure that you have 5 portions of fruit and vegies a day (count the vegies you eat in the evening towards these 5 portions). Stick to fat-free yoghurt and remember that it is prudent not to eat more than 4 eggs per week - use low-fat fish like tuna canned in brine or hake instead. Check if you are getting 3 cups of skim milk/fat-free yoghurt a day to provide you with the 1000 mg of calcium adult women need every day. Exercise is very important because it has so many positive effects on weight loss. I would recommend that you do 30 min of cardio x 5 a week as soon as possible as you lose weight.