Question

Is pilates and walking enough exercise
I got injured 5 months ago and at the moment my exercise regime consists of a 2km walk every evening and a 30 minutes Pilates session every other night. Is this enough exercise or should I be doing more? Do you also have any info on where I can attend a Pilates instruction class, I stay in Cape Town. At the moment I am using a Pilates book which is quite good and I am making steady progress and feeling the benefits to my body but would not mind joining a class with professional instruction. Thanks

Hi there
I would recommend that you increase your walk to 3km per evening (30mins) or so, since 30 mins of activity most days is what is recommended by the American Congress of Sports medicine.
We offer Pilates classes at the Sports Science Institute, so phone 021 659 5700 to find out more.

Good luck.