Question

is popcorn fattening?
How fattening is popcorn? how does it compare with for e.g: bread - I dont understand calories etc so that wont help. I dont have time to eat many evening and make popcorn to fill me up...i make it with very a bit of oil and salt to taste

Dear Tlalz
Plain unbuttered popcorn contains 1908 kJ/100g ((454 cal or 30% of the daily energy intake for an adult woman who is trying to lose weight), or 572 kJ/30 g portion (136 kcal/30g), which represents about 9% of the daily energy for an adult woman on a slimming regimen. Eat popcorn in moderation as a low-fat snack, but don't overdo things as any food when eaten in excess can cause weight gain.
Enjoy